Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike KulakovAdminMike Kulakov (CEO / Product Owner, Everhour) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    postponed  ·  Mike KulakovAdminMike Kulakov (CEO / Product Owner, Everhour) responded  · 

Hey guys,

It’s been a while since my last update here. Apologize.

We completely understand that API is a great feature to have, it is #1 idea in UserVoice and lots of you guys are still waiting for it. Shame on us.

But so far we are not ready for it. It’s a huge chunk of work to implement, document and maintain. We believe that at the moment we have more important work to do, as all forces now are allocated to release of a new version of our product.
    We would like to release and nail it down, only after that we would consider other changes.

I’ll try to keep you guys posted.

Thanks,
    Mike

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Josh DavenportJosh Davenport commented  · 

Any updates on this at all? Super useful feature!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Even the basic ability to automate excel exports on a regular basis would allow me to build an integration with accounting software

• Mizuho ToyodaMizuho Toyoda commented  · 

Everhour doesn't provide their API yet, but how you implement Chrome extension to stop timer watch? I want only API to stop timer from my backend server. Could anyone help me?

• Leandro LópezLeandro López commented  · 

Any updates on this feature? It would be really cool to have an API to at least query tracked time on projects.

• Anonymous commented  · 

API incoming anytime soon?
        It's not a "great feature to have" as you put it, but an ABSOLUTE NECESSITY for any modern web-app. And there is no excuse for not providing one in the times of Apiary, Swagger, API Blueprint, GraphQL, etc.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hi guys,
        Is there any update on this? We have been waiting for this feature for over a year. I have an admin person working on manual data loads for 3-4 hours every week because we still dont have the possibility to integrate.

I am now starting to go through other applications and tracking software.

It's a real shame since some of the guys internally really liked you software, but at the end of the day it does not make any economical sense to anyone to have to do manual work which could easily be automated.

Looking forward to a definite ETA, if not it will be goodbye within the next 30 days.

Cheers,
        Gabriel

• Anonymous commented  · 

Could you provide an update to the status please? An API would we tremendously useful to have.

• Jacek TomaszewskiJacek Tomaszewski commented  · 

So much time has passed and still no API ;o
        Too huge chunk of work to implement? API can be self-documented, and doesn't need additional time to be maintained, if you keep it versioned.

For me now I'll have either to do it myself by scraping your website or choosing a different timetracking tool. Sadly I think I'll have to go with the other option ;/

• Michael SandmanMichael Sandman commented  · 

Too bad. New features are fun but we need to integrate the old ones first i.e. API. By Everhour, loved the product but you need to listen to your user base. Cancelling and moving on...

• Anonymous commented  · 

As mentioned before: Please do not spend time supporting some specific tools! Give us an API and the community will develop connectors/Apps/exporters on that base. I think this would be a huge selling point!
        Start with a very simple API and improve from there.

• AlanAlan commented  · 

I also would like an api for this.

• Anonymous commented  · 

No updates on this?
        We are right now in a situation where we are deciding which timetrack we want to use, but without any API then it is a no-go.

So with 7 months since last update, im not thinking this is gonna happen

• KateKate commented  · 

Looking for API as well, hopefully we'll be able to see one! Whole app is great btw, thanks!

• Roger K. KristiansenRoger K. Kristiansen commented  · 

I'd really like a command line client to quickly register hours, and I think an API would enable a third party to create that too.

• JasperJasper commented  · 

+1

I'm adding my vote to provide API access. Time tracking data is classic territory for custom integrations via an API.

• anthonyanthony commented  · 

Are there any updates on this Mike?

• J.M.B.J.M.B. commented  · 

Just because my company is testing waters, the lack of API is very concerning. From my understanding alot of services like this, if built from the ground up on top of an API are much easier to expand into browser add-ons and to integrate into other services. It is literally an interface, and interfaces get to be integrated... Just my two cents.

• derrek.adrianderrek.adrian commented  · 

I would love to see this, even if it is volatile and read only.

This would be show-stopping awesome for number crunching alone.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base