Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminMike Kulakov (CEO / Product Owner, Everhour) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    postponed  ·  AdminMike Kulakov (CEO / Product Owner, Everhour) responded  · 

Hey guys,

It’s been a while since my last update here. Apologize.

We completely understand that API is a great feature to have, it is #1 idea in UserVoice and lots of you guys are still waiting for it. Shame on us.

But so far we are not ready for it. It’s a huge chunk of work to implement, document and maintain. We believe that at the moment we have more important work to do, as all forces now are allocated to release of a new version of our product.
    We would like to release and nail it down, only after that we would consider other changes.

I’ll try to keep you guys posted.

Thanks,
    Mike

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • briandouglas commented  · 

Hi Mike,

I've been keeping an eye on this thread for some time. Are there any concrete plans to provide an everhour API?

We're planning to build our own project management dashboard, a timeline or roadmap for an everhour API would be really helpful as it would inform our approach.

Thanks,
        Brian

• Jacek Tomaszewski commented  · 

Just a comment of me as an experienced full stack developer: this should be your priority right now! If you want to improve features like browser extensions or make mobile applications possible, then you should create a simple API authable via user's auth token.

If you'd do that, then CSV reports wouldn't be that needed, as I would be able to create it from JSON myself easily.

P.S. I'd love to create a simple Android & iOS "Everhour" app using Ionic Framework during some night hackaton, maybe even with an extension for Android Wear smartwatches , but API is a must for me to do that ;]

• Michael Johnston commented  · 

I also would really like to use Everhour instead of Toggl, as my clients would really appreciate the PivotalTracker integration, but I need an api as I use Toggl (and Pivotaltracker too) from my terminal much more than from the web interfaces.

• Andy commented  · 

Saw this linked from the Pivotal Tracker blog / newsletter.
        Got all excited that I might be able to switch from Toggl (where I'm currently quite happy) and be able to book time directly from Tracker and Trello ... and then I realised that I still wouldn't be able to get the data out of your service and into our in-house time-tracking tool (which we're not going to move away from because it has LOADS of our custom business logic built into it) because you don't have an API yet. Sad face :(

Let me knwo when you have a robust API that lets me extract time / task data for a given day (time spent per project / sub-project / task, along with comments and the ability to get at your IDs for projects / tasks so that I can map them to those in our in-house system) and come back for another look.

Until then, I'll stick with Toggl.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Any news about the API? Do you have plans when to finish it?

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base