All existing ideas

Timestamp on activities

I've noticed while I can enter in times in the activity, it only seems to calculate a timespan and doesn't retain the actual start and end times. This is very important. In addition, an easier way to edit past entries would go along with timestamp retention. Thanks!

81 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rich shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cary Smith commented  · 

On thing that would be nice if you do decide to add this feature would be to have a toggle on/off setting. Either at an organization level or project level. Probably a project level.

For me personally the timestamp would get in the way for some projects so it would be nice to just shut it off.

• Jannik Keller commented  · 

Imo this is one of the most important basic functionalities and is absolutely necessary for me and my team. Has there any progress been made since May?

• tyson commented  · 

Another thought on this is that it would be helpful if the timers would even track start and end times that you could edit. I'm not very good at doing the math when I forget to stop a timer.

Thanks!

• tyson commented  · 

Often I am adding entries at the end of my day and need to calculate how much time I need to show up in the daily summary. This gets difficult if I didn't use timers and have to break down a workday from 12:15 to 19:30 into separate entries that add up to 7hrs 15m.

One way to do this would be to allow entry of the start of your day and the end of your day. Then you could show something like 6hr 15m entered out of 7hr 15m remaining. I'm switching from YAST.com which has a very cool visual indicator of how your day breaks down into tasks which helps you avoid over/under reporting hours if you need to just categorize your workday.

This is similar to timestamps:
        http://help.everhour.com/forums/207688-suggestions-ideas/suggestions/6958277-need-timestamps-on-activities-easier-back-editing

and chronological tracking:
        http://help.everhour.com/forums/207688-suggestions-ideas/suggestions/7310753-chronological-time-tracking

Thanks!

• John commented  · 

I agree - in absence of a idle time detector - having timestamp is necessary to be able to accurately adjust times - especially if you leave the timer on over night or at meeting.

• Kirsten commented  · 

No timestamps is a dealbreaker for me. A time tracker has no value to me if I can't go back and see/adjust the start and end times. This is absolutely essential!

• joshua commented  · 

You should be able to see a log of start, stop and 'entered' times.

• Lauren commented  · 

Agreed! I use this feature when I want to see how long of a break I took for lunch, or if I forgot to start a new timer after finishing the last task.

• Zach Garner commented  · 

Yeah, this may be a crucial feature for me to use EverHour. I would love to see an hourly report.. but I could live with just having EverHour leave my times in the entry (For example, if I say "@helloworld 9:00 - 10:00" it completely removes the "9:00 - 10:00" part so I have no way of remembering that)

• dendrenn commented  · 

Give the option to show tasks tracked in chronological order i.e. not just the cumulative time for each e.g. 09:00-09:35 'did whatever' 09:37-10:04 'did the next thing'. It would just help to fill in the blanks when returning from meetings etc. or if I forget to start the timer.

• Adam commented  · 

Absolutely! I agree with Rich on this idea. If you leave a timer running accidentally (like when you are away for lunch) it can be very difficult to try to estimate how much time to remove from the project if you don't know your start and end time.

This would be a really important feature for our organization to implement everhour on a wider scale.

Feedback and Knowledge Base