All existing ideas

Integration with Slack

Integrationg with Slack, for stopping and starting entry announcements.

http://www.slack.com

91 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MontyMonty commented  · 

Here's a great example of how to pull off slack integration: http://partyline.rocks/blog/github/

What I want is a slash command that I can type anywhere in slack and send the line to be processed into everhour. Like,

`/everhour @admin record Everhour slack feature request for today 1h`

The reason why this is important: (1) I spend a lot of my day living inside slack; (2) when I context shift to my browser I tend to lose focus because I have 100 tabs open and vying for attention; (3) it's often hard to find the Everhour tab if I leave it open and when it's not right at hand.

An edit by text command feature would be great too, even if that was just editing my one previous entry.

• KogenesisKogenesis commented  · 

My team uses Asana to track tasks and we love how you've integrated completed time and estimated time directly into each task. When I start the timer though, it would be great to have Slack notifications letting other users know that I've timed in/out and are working on any particular project. Take a look at TimeDoctor's slack integration to see what I mean.

• Mike KulakovAdminMike Kulakov (CEO / Product Owner, Everhour) commented  · 

Guys, thanks for your feedback, it is really insightful! We definitely wish to create integration with Slack, but it will be after we release the update to current product, so please stay tuned and watch out our blog.

• Scott CateScott Cate commented  · 

Some great comments here. Any updates?

• Ice HaliliIce Halili commented  · 

we would like to use zapier and integrate everhour with slack so its much easier to have it all together

• Michael MinorMichael Minor commented  · 

/Everhour @[projectName] [Standard everhour input]

That would literally cover everything everhour can do on it's home page. I really wouldn't worry about much more for the first round of integration; don't worry about hand holding on the first go around with things like auto complete.

• Jonathan MooreJonathan Moore commented  · 

Hey Mike.. Having a hashtag in chat that will allow users to log hours directly into any slack channel would be great: When I'm having a team conversation on a certain project, it's really easy to add hours in the same window.. additionally, my other team members can see when I posted a few hours towards resolving a certain issue or obstacle. Pretty damn useful

• anthonyanthony commented  · 

Slack allows for commands beginning with a forward slash. It would be great to type:

/Everhour @projectname taskname

and for the timer to begin.

This would need the same autocomplete functionality found natively in the Everhour web GUI to pick up on the project name, task name (and ID) etc etc

• Dru SellersDru Sellers commented  · 

I would be nice to not have to leave my focus area to log work. So could I do /track_time 2h #456 @abc some comment

• Anonymous commented  · 

Start tracking an entry in everhour, it automatically announces to a specified channel (eg #timetracking) in Slack who started it and the entry info. When stopping the task, it announces that the entry has been stopped and how long they worked on it. This would be the most basic functionality I would expect. Team members can easily check that channel to see who's been working on what tasks that day without having to ask. Thank you for considering it!

Feedback and Knowledge Base